Born and raised in Jakarta, Indonesia and is the eldest in the family. Immigrated to USA in 1983 with both parents and two siblings and the family settled down in San Jose, California. In 1994 moved to Seattle where he served at the Indonesian Evangelical Church for 5 years. In 2000 he affiliated with the Seattle Presbytery of PC-USA.
In 2001 the Indonesian Presbyterian Church was chartered as the 61st member of the Seattle Presbytery, where he has been serving as a full-time Pastor until now. Married in 2000 to Vivy Alimin, whom he met in Seattle while serving at the church. The couple is blessed with a son, Alexius Buntaran, born in 2002.
- De Anza College, Cupertino, CA. (1984-1985)
- San Jose State University, CA. (1985-1988)
- San Jose Bible College, CA. (1990-1992)
- Fuller Theological Seminary, Seattle, WA. (1994-1997)
- 1996 (Nov.10) ordained in Indonesian Evangelical Church in San Francisco, CA.
- 2003-now, Co-chair of the Ethnic Ministry Team, Seattle Presbytery, WA.
- 2001-now, Pastor of the Indonesian Presbyterian Church in Seattle, WA.
- 2000, Affiliated to the Seattle Presbytery of Presbyterian Church-USA, WA.
- 1994-99, Pastor to the Indonesian Evangelical Church in Seattle, WA.
- 1993-98, Secretary of Christian Evangelical Mission (CEM) in West Coast, CA.
- 1992-94, Assistant to Pastor, Indonesian Evangelical Church in Sacramento, CA.
- 1991, Assistant to Pastor, Indonesian Evangelical Church in San Francisco, CA.
- 1990, Assistant to Pastor, Indonesian Evangelical Church in San Jose, CA.